
Until now, there has been a lack of snow. It has snowed on and off, but not enough to stick for too long. Usually within 24-48 hours... Gone! Due to the snow, Alexis has had somewhat of a winter break.
Last Friday-no school
Monday- no school (Presidents Day)
Wednesday-no school
Friday-no school
When I was growing up, never do I remember school being cancelled. I recall a few times being stuck in the snow and my Dad trying to push our van out of the driveway and down the hill. It took some effort, but we all made it to school everytime! I actually thought it to be quite amusing!
When I was growing up, never do I remember school being cancelled. I recall a few times being stuck in the snow and my Dad trying to push our van out of the driveway and down the hill. It took some effort, but we all made it to school everytime! I actually thought it to be quite amusing!
3 comments:
I KNOW! I never grew up with snow days- well acutually there was never snow where I lived- but these "slippery roads" excuses are a bit weak. I usually never see a huge difference when I get out to drive on days like those. We are on familyfun and pbsorg a lot at our house. It is amazing to me how having one more child home through the day elevates the noise in my house.
So good to catch up with you through your blog!
I am amazed at how little it takes for schools to close nowadays. Working mothers must have a real challenge coming up with babysitters at the last minute so often. While I wouldn't have liked snow days when my kids were growing up, I did love having them home all summer and did not look forward to school starting each fall.
we had so much snow in Idaho this year, sometimes it seemed it just never stopped. I have pics of how deep it was in my front yard. This was goig from last year where it only snowed once and didn't even stick. But in the mountains we should have a nice run off. In a couple of weeks i want to take a day trip to Twin Falls and to see the Shoeshone Falls. It should be a great year for it!
Post a Comment