My Blog List

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Blessed

On Sunday afternoon the State of Ohio experienced a severe wind storm with winds between 60-90 mph. Thankfully our yard had minimal damage and our power was restored within 12 hours. There are still many communities without power and water. Many gas stations are closed due to no power. The schools have been closed this week. As Matt and I drove around our community, we were in awe at the damaged that occurred. How thankful we are to be safe, and have the necessities of life.

3 comments:

EmJay said...

I'm so glad you guys are safe and sound. I watched the news tonight and saw update on the hurricane. They said millions of people will be without power until next week! I am motivated to get my 50gal. water tank now...

Amy said...

Glad to hear you guy are okay. We have been hit with the left over Hurricane's also. As with you, we feel blessed to be safe and have the luxuries of life... electricity, clean water, gas (although it's outrageous), and a nice house to come home to.

Amy said...

I was just reading Lauren's funny comment about "who's boss". Tell Matt she has a good point, can't argue with that.