I'm sitting here in our empty home. Our movers came a few days ago. We watched the truck drive away with most of our possessions. I told Matt that if something happened to them, I wouldn't be sad. All that is important to me was the people in the room with me, my family. We found a place to rent in Provo. We leave in a few days...fly in on Wednesday morning. The 3 oldest will miss a few days of school, but I'm not worried. Matt starts work the following week.
Tonight we were showered with a farewell dinner by my sister in law and her family. It was a wonderful evening and I didn't want the night to end.
Matt's dad came out for a few days. He helped us paint the garage among other things. He is on his way to Utah in our van to pick us up at the airport. What a wonderful father in law I have. If I could describe him using only a few words it would be a man of service, a man of unconditional love. This description seems to be his quest in life.
I hope our children will settle nicely in school and make new friends. I have pondered much on how these past 3 years have come and gone. Abigail was just 9 days old when we arrived. Adding Samuel to our family has made our time go by even faster. He is coming up on 15 months. This has been a wonderful experience living here. I hope that Utah will be equally wonderful.
2 comments:
I'm excited for your family. It's always bitter-sweet closing one chapter and opening another. I hope all goes well. What practice did Matt join?
Aaron just applied for Pediatric Critical Fellowships. We are hoping to match at Primary Children's starting next July. I guess we'll see. The Match is in Dec.
i am sure it is hard but ya you are right you have your family. I bet you will love UT and i am excited cause you will be closer and i can come see you! Love ya!
Post a Comment