Tuesday evening appeared to be like any other night in our household. Abigail, our little 3 year old and I add a very cautious and careful girl was just finishing her meal until she started to get off of her chair. Somehow she fell off and met the floor pretty hard. She couldn't walk on her left foot. After comforting her I put her to bed in hopes that tomorrow she would climb out of bed.
Wednesday morning I went into her room and tried to put her on her feet. She could not walk let alone bare weight on her foot. I had to carry her everywhere and do somethings for her that she could not do for herself. Mid-morning I took her to the Dr. and as expected was sent to get her foot x-rayed. I was told that the Dr. would call me later in the day with the results. I prayed that day in behalf of my daughter. I prayed that her foot would be okay. At the end of the day I received word that her foot was fine and there was no break. Perhaps it was a sprain. Most importantly she was well. All day Wednesday and Thursday she still couldn't walk and so I again carried her to the places we needed to be. She didn't complain and when we were home she just played on the floor.
Friday continued to be the same until the afternoon. I went to check on her as she played and saw her standing. To my amazement she was progressing. By the end of the day she was walking with a slight limp. She is doing better but still hobbles a bit. During this week I have paused to realize that this experience of caring for my daughter has helped me be more aware of others and less of myself. It has compelled me to serve more and pray more, not for just my needs but for others. It has enlightened my mind on how the Savior would want us to treat each other even during difficult moments.
No comments:
Post a Comment