My Blog List

Tuesday, January 04, 2011

A New Perspective

By small and simple things, shall great things come to pass. Alma 37:6
Book of Mormon

Our theme this year for our family is preparedness. We set some family goals during Family Home Evening. Instead of setting goals for the entire year, we have chosen to take baby steps, that is set monthly goals and then re-evaluate those goals the following month during FHE. We gave planners to our 2 oldest for Christmas in hopes that they will use them as they set and achieve their goals. We encouraged each other to work on something in our lives that could be improved upon. I was sitting next to Alexis during our gathering and to my surprise I glanced over at her planner and she had already marked detailed goals that she wanted to fulfill including doing an act of service for someone each day. I am trying to create an environment in our home of good habits of living and preparedness. In doing so I hope that great things shall come to pass.

No comments: