My Blog List

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Things That Touch Me

Years ago Matt introduced me to the music of Paul Cardall. He is an amazing pianist. His music calms my mind to ponder on the significant things of life. For Valentines Day, Matt purchased this CD for me. I love listening to it while I clean, or organize things.






I have been attending a Book of Mormon class taught by 2 sisters in our Stake. I seem to be inspired by everyone in the class. We were learning from Alma 25-27 today. As a class we share stories and our testimonies that are applicable to the storyline that we are studying each week. These are some of the things that I wanted to remember from todays lesson.



  • When we pray, we must ask Heavenly Father what he would like us to pray for and then act upon those answers. We should also pray for specific things.
  • When we experience things in life, especially to help someone else and may not see immediate results, the Lord is simply trying to teach us, and change us for the better.
  • We need to raise our voices to the Lord, (like Ammon did after his success with the Lamanites) he really wants us to ask for things, and be grateful.
  • We need to be in a place in life that is lovely, good report and praiseworthy. It is the same for our family too.
Finally, I attended a Stake Relief Society meeting about strengthening our families. One of the sisters taught a class on temple worship. She and her husband served a mission in Africa. She showed this video. I was deeply touched. These members are the pioneers of their country.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

that is awesome i want to take a class like that i don;t know where to hear. And music is nice.