My Blog List

Sunday, September 23, 2007

False Alarm!


Today in church was not your ordinary sacrament meeting. We were singing the closing song. Just as we were about to finish the song and proceed with the closing prayer, the fire alarm went off. I should have taken the situation more seriously, but this has never happened in my 35 years of life. (not that I remember)I watched the organist as he instantly stopped playing. Therefore the congregation stopped singing and for a second there was complete silence. We all filed out immediatly. I felt bad for the elderly has they scurried out of the exit doors as quickly as they could...which wasn't very quick. Some of them had walkers and some may have had canes. Minutes after we had all filed out onto the grass, it was announced that we could return back to the building. Apparently one of the primary children from another ward pulled the alarm. Whew.... I'm glad it was a false alarm! And that was enough excitement for one day!

3 comments:

Holly said...

Lisa--

Holly Casos here. It was fun to "meet" you through the blog. I will tell Steve Hi! from you. I had to laugh at this one, because last Sunday it was MY son that pulled the fire alarm. IT was his first time doing it, but the fire alarm goes off in our ward about once every three months, so NO ONE reacts any more when it rings. How hope it doesn't turn into the story like the boy who cried wolf . . .

lacey said...

When I read this I actually thought of Holly's son. I am in her ward. Probably one of my children is bound to do it as well.

Jenn said...

ok i have never had that happen either.