A few weeks ago we drove to Pocatello, Idaho for my nephews baptism. We are proud of Theron for his decision to be baptized and for his example to his younger cousins. It was a quick trip, but very nice to see my parents and most of my siblings. Seth had so much fun playing with his cousins. The weather was wonderful so much of their play was done outside.

Alexis and Lauren both received awards at their awards assembly. Alexis also has kept busy with her Science project. I will attend her Science Fair tomorrow.
Alexis and Lauren are back in piano after taking a short break over Christmas. Seth can't wait to participate in soccer again which will start in a few months. I wish I could have some of his energy. He can play and play outside and then do it some more.
Abigail keeps busy with her friends in the neighborhood and loves to read books before she goes to bed. I hope she will continue to love books like her older sisters.
Samuel is growing up too fast. He loves planes, trains, and automobiles. He is very fascinated with firetrucks. The other day we participated in a mother's playgroup which was held at the fire station where we were given a tour. Samuel was so intrigued with the fireman and the trucks. He is a curious little boy and I ponder often as to what field of education he will fall into.
Last year Sister Beck taught about balancing our lives. She gave 3 keys that will help each of us achieve this goal.She said to first-do the essential things-the things that are needed to return back to Heavenly Father's presence. 2nd-do the things that we need to do each day-for example go to school/work....finally she said after we do the essential and important things we can then do the things that are nice to do-go to the park, mall,.... I took her challenge last year and continue to do so. It truly works. If I find myself behind in the day, it is because I didn't do step 1 and 2. I am thankful for Sister Beck's words of wisdom.
I hope this new year brings peace and comfort to everyone. One of my goals this year is to study and ponder on spiritual matters more often. I want to engage myself more often on the words of the Savior and what he wants me to learn and do in my life. I find that I am often guided through His apostles and prophets. Their words are so true and comforting. I am so thankful for good men and women who understand Heavenly Father's plan for us. I am thankful that they are so willing to share pearls of wisdom.

1 comment:
That was a beautiful post, Lisa. You are an amazing woman, wife and mother and I have always looked up to you. Congratulations on bringing yet another beautiful child into this world.
Post a Comment